**** NOW CLOSED ****Community Based Promoting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Small Grants available in MidUlster
The Public Health Agency (PHA) has identified non-recurring funding to address the themes of Suicide Prevention, Self- Harm, Mental Health & Emotional Well-Being and have commissioned Cookstown and Western Shores Area Network facilitate this process.
As such the Cookstown and Western Shores Area Network is inviting community and voluntary sector organisations to apply for non-recurring awards to address the outlined themes.
Grants are available at the level of £1,000 per project. Applications may be considered for more strategic projects over £1,000 limit dependent on evidence of need and availability of resources (Please see GUIDANCE NOTES). Groups with a total income over £100,000 will not be considered.
Applications will be assessed on the potential to improve health and wellbeing and on the ability to complete the work by the end of February 2019, including evaluation, by mid-March 2019. Dates for applications are as follows:
- Monday 9th April 2018 – open for applications
- Monday 14th May 2018 at 12noon – close for applications
Small Grant Scheme aims:
- Promote awareness of issues around mental health problems:
- Encourage communities to be pro-active in promoting positive mental health and emotional well-being, and tackle the contributing factors of self-harm and suicide
- To build sustainable resilient communities through positive collaboration of organisations/groups
- Promote innovative interventions/programmes that promote positive mental health and emotional well-being, and tackle the contributing factors of self-harm and suicide
Applications also should promote protective factors and build resilience, including e.g. early intervention, emotional wellbeing awareness work, increasing the capacity for self help and measures to improve quality of life.
For further information, guidance and examples of evidence based practice, along with support to develop a relevant programme, contact Denise Doherty, Suicide Prevention Development Officer, denise @cwsan.org or 07540 969623/ 028 79 634865
Closing Date for Applications: Monday14th May 2017 at 12noon
Cookstown and Western Shores Area Network Promoting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Small Grants Scheme is funded through the Public Health Agency and is delivering in Midulster (Cookstown & Magherafelt only)