Dear local Community Members
In these strange times we all have to look at our way of working, and CWSAN / COSTA are no different in this respect.
We want to know how you as a rural community or voluntary group are going at this time, and how we, through our delivery of the Rural Community Development Service across the Mid Ulster can deliver for you, now and into the future.
We would ask that you have a chat with some of the other Committee members, fill out the survey, highlighted in blue below and reply as soon as possible.
We appreciate that there a quite a few surveys circulating at the minute and you can see this one far enough away but if you could please complete this it will directly help you as groups working in your rural areas.
We are looking to hear from all groups, large or small, to give us the very best picture of how things are and how we can continue to deliver and design the best possible service for you in the future.
Your assistance would be most appreciated and remember, we are always here at the end of a phone if you have any queries of any kind, at any time.
Monday 15th June marks the beginning of Men’s Health Week
With the increased risk to men of Covid 19 never has it been more
important to tackle underlying health issues.
We have an array of activities with pharmacy talks, cook a longs & resilience talk to choose from
Monday 7.30 pm
Men’s M.O.T with pharmacist
Tuesday & Friday 7.30 pm Men’s Cookalong with The Urban Chef
Wednesday & Thursday 7.30 p.m Man’s Self care
Do you live in the Magherafelt area and would benefit from a Dinner Delivery Service every Wednesday and Saturday or know someone that does. Dinners Cost £5! If you or someone you know is interested please call 028 7930 0123.
You DO NOT have to be an Out and About Member to enjoy this service so feel free to make the call today!
- Are you sitting comfortably?
Gentle Chair Based Activities (5 weeks)
- Ideal for those with walking or standing difficulties or if you just want to keep active at home!
- Why not give it a go? You might be surprised at just how good it makes you feel!
- Every Thursday starting 28th May at 11am
- FREE – just log in via Bellaghyparish.com
- Click on ‘View webcam’
- All you need is a stable chair and a small ball, eg tennis or boccia size.
- Tutor: Thomasina Birt
- Benefits include:
- Improves Flexibility, Balance and Muscle Tone
- Increases Circulation and Speed Up Injury Recovery
- Reinforces Positive Attitude and Better Concentration
- Decreases Stress
- All ages/abilities are welcome!
- Nb. All participants must work according to their own level of ability and speed, do not do anything that causes pain or discomfort or that your doctor has advised against.
- This project is supported by the PHA and managed by CWSAN.
- For more information, please contact Anita M: 075 4063 5862 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities in Health ‘Model’ Toolkit is available to download.