CWSAN was nominated in 2015 by the Northern Social Investment Fund Steering Group to manage a Community Hubs Capital Build Programme across Cookstown and Magherafelt. As the Lead Partner Organisation, CWSAN is managing £1.1million funding from the Social Investment Fund and OFMDFM. A number of Community venues are being supported for minor capital works and refurbishment. These are -:
- Moneymore Recreation Centre
- Broughderg Community Centre
- Castledawson War Memorial Hall
- Coagh District Orange Hall
- Ballymaquiggan Orange Hall
- Lisnamorrow Orange Hall
- Kennedy’s Orange Hall, Stewartstown
Architects have been appointed to each of the Community venues and it is anticipated that building work will commence in early Autumn 2016. The Project has a number of aims:
- To regenerate and refurbish a range of public facilities that are underused and transforming them into more effective spaces, with enhanced public access for a variety of public uses;
- To enhance the communities’ ability to deliver Social, Sporting, Health and Wellbeing, Community Safety, Youth, Community, Vocational, Community Relations and Educational programmes, projects and activities in Mid Ulster.
- To rejuvenate the wider Mid Ulster area by bringing increased investment, promoting local recreational activity and by making a positive contribution to the social and economic prosperity of the area;
- To provide communities with more visually attractive and shared locations for the provision of various recreational programmes and activities;
- To increase the number of individuals and community organisations supporting the venues by developing more user-friendly facilities;
- To increase participation by local communities following the physical development of the venues.
The Community Capacity Hubs Project was completed in March 2019.