Cookstown & Western Shores Area Network (CWSAN) in partnership with Community organisations of South Tyrone Area (COSTA), wish to recruit for the following position
Project Officer: Networks Involving Communities in Health Improvement
Full-time: 35 hours (excl mealtimes) per week for 10 months (June 2019 – March 2020) (Possible extension beyond March if programme monies become available)
Salary: NJC SCP pt 26 to 28: £29,636- £31,371 p.a. (pro rata)
Location: CWSAN offices based in Magherafelt and in Stewartstown with outreach across Mid Ulster and Coleraine area
To strengthen links between PHA and local communities in order to support local communities, through a community development approach, to address health and social wellbeing issues and reduce health inequalities through signposting, building capacity and strengthening local accountability to develop healthy, sustainable communities and health champions. The post holder will be expected to participate in activities and meetings outside normal office hours equivalent to min 2 evenings per week and other times including Saturdays as required to meet the needs of the project.
Essential skills will include:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification.+ a minimum of 3 years experience in field of either health, youth work, community development or project delivery
- Demonstrate understanding of determinants of health and well-being.
- Demonstrate understanding of evidenced based health promotion approaches.
- Demonstrate understanding of policies and strategies which affect health promotion
- Demonstrate understanding of community development approaches.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to assess health and well-being information, needs and outcomes.
- Experience of multi-sectoral and partnership working, working on own initiative and as part of team in project delivery.
- Experience of contributing to performance measurement.
- Competency in IT skills with experience of using computer software packages & systems to include Excel, publisher, Word, Web/internet, Power point
- Have access to transport to fulfil the requirements of the post
N.B. This list is not exhaustive, please see Personnel Specification.
- Form of transport: For this post a current full driving license (valid for use in NI) and access to a car on appointment. This Criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Board which will permit full duties of the post.
For further information and an Application Pack please contact:
Network Officer – (COSTA)
President Grant’s Homestead, 45 Dergenagh Road, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, BT70 1TW.
Tel: 028 855 56880 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 1st May 2019 at 3.00pm
Please note: Late applications will not be considered
NB: Interviews will take place Wednesday 15th / 16th May 2019
CWSAN strives towards Equal Opportunities Employment.